Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 27, 2010

Take mom to work day II.

Well, our story continues with the absence of the homestay student, the unavailability of a neighbor to mom sit and the nature of the husband (He abhors change, wants to be the extra advisor at youth group and is finished with the mom watching)  results with me hauling mother across the city, sandwich in hand, as a the last minute tag along to the worship I was scheduled to lead at one of the colleges.  I am so lucky that the coincidence that it was parents weekend allowed it to be okay that this funny old stranger was part of their small group worship. To be fair mom's stories, although pure fantasy now and shared as fact ,are entertaining. I only cringed a little when she sagely told them how she was inspired to be a nurse by roller derby.  She only has difficulty telling stories when she stumbles into reality. Her fiction is flawless.  It was not quite disastrous though it was by Grace alone that we got through it.

Obviously I cannot keep dragging mom with me to work. 

It is raining and I am wanting to hibernate. Avoidance has been working so well for my family. Just pretend it isn't there and it won't be, right?  Perhaps I am a bit angry just now. Even though I have hours of undone, time dependent tasks to be accomplished at my campus jobs, today just cannot be a work day. Oh! the expletives I stuff inside. And there it is.  My new alarm clock. Mom is up...gotta go.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment