Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 26, 2010

growing to hate Sunday

The best laid plans...This was to be a big church day...then my sister who was scheduled over a month ago for this opening Sunday called last night.  She got sick. I was OK, and even understanding until she said,"you didn't have anything did you?" Yes, I had something.  I had a lot of something and SUNDAYS are not days off for clergy!   Now it is a wake mom up-get her dressed-cook breakfast-launch her to the Baptist church with a willing ride provider-get in my car-go late to my church for the first service-stay and work for half of the coffee hour-get back in the car-drive back home-catch mom when she is dropped off by the same willing driver-feed mom- get her settled until the hubby gets back from the second service (where I am going to be unfortunately conspicuously absent) get back in the car-return to church for the bi-monthly meeting of my campus ministry steering committee-get back in the car and go home so I can let the husband get back to his planning for Youth group tonight (which is scheduled the same time I am supposed to be preaching at one of the colleges)-morning.  I am tired just thinking about it, and that only gets me to 2PM. I am counting on my home stay student or a neighbor (yet to be contacted) to be the home monitor while I work at a College in the evening. Still better than an all church day that ends with mom with the flu. Sermon for my day? We only think we are in charge of our life. Ummm..God? Why Sunday?
Oops...gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment