Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

and why not? Take mom to work day

With caregivers unavailable I found myself with mom and work appointments at the same time.  It was Alzhiemers awareness day and I was stuck.  I had a bimonthly staff meeting at the hospital and a peace day vigil to accomplish, neither of which I could really miss or get a sub for. So, I dressed in purple and brought mom with me.  Surprisingly, we had a pretty good, if occasionally awkward day.
Today was not just International Peace day, not just the Spring Equinox, not just Alzhiemer's awareness day, I added one more!  Welcome "take mom to work" day.  A bit of a switch since I was younger and it was "take your daughter to work" day, but everything is topsy-turvy now.  Thanks, Grimelda, for purple sprinkled donuts, understanding supportive colleagues and interesting times.

May peace prevail on earth.      http://www.worldpeace.org/

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment